May is Mental Health Awareness month. This month we are giving a special spotlight to mental health awareness through our social media with education, tools, support, and following NAMI’s (National Alliance on Mental Illness) 2021 message of “You Are Not Alone”.
Manchester High School students wanted to focus on the importance of checking in our your friends and loved ones. NAMI’s want to know how to help a friend infographic above highlighted the student’s ideas.
Other reminders from Manchester High School students on checking in your friends:
- Start the conversation with friends to find out what helps them when they are feeling down.
- Always remember to take care of yourself so you are able to be there for friends. (You can’t pour from an empty cup)
- If you notice something is off or different about those around you, check in.
- Keep your focus on your friend when they’re sharing.
- Have open conversations with friends.
For more information on NAMI’s May is Mental Health Month check out these links: